Thursday, November 27, 2008
kushi bar
Last night, I finally got to try Kushi Bar in Belltown. The first time I saw the restaurant, I was like oh that looks cool and wanted to go - it had these long horizontal wooden slabs for the wall on the outisde that took up almost half the block on 2nd b/t Battery and Bell. But after reading some reviews on yelp, I was kind of unsure ... the reviews weren't that great. So I had low expectations going in ... but, I loved it! Sure, I've never been to Japan and had the real street food experience there so I have nothing to compare to. But mostly, I thought the skewers tasted great - my favorites were the beef tongue and oyster mushrooms. We had a large table, and just kept ordering bunches of skewers per round. They were best when the skewers were fresh and hot. There was one time that the beef tongue was cold and not as good. They also have other items on the menu that were decent too, like udons, etc. We also got things like fried chicken and fried oysters which were good as well. The meat skewers were $2/skewer, and the seafood $3/skewer. We also had some pretty good sake as well to go w/ the meal. Anyway, I will definitely go back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment