Monday, December 8, 2008

nutcracker, seahawks, and hot pot

Saturday night, I tagged along w/ many friends to go to the cosd holiday party at McCaw. Their holiday parties the last couple years have been at Benaroya but this year they decided to show the Nutcracker. It was great! I didn't remember the first act at all, and also discovered I definitely like the 2nd act much more but I enjoyed it. My favorites are all the different dances in the 2nd act. McCaw was beautiful as always and there was also food, a live band, and piano bar.

Sunday, I went to watch the Seahawks lose and it was also very cold. I was pretty disappointed seeing as we were leading the whole time up until about 3 mins left in the 4th q. Afterwards, I met up w/ MJ and co and we traveled around Seattle like tourists (well her friend was visiting :)) and had yummy hot pot at Gourmet Noodle Bowl. Their hot pot is so good somehow, I am not sure it might just be the presentation that makes it feel like it's better than the other hot pots I've had around here. We had the traditional stuff, and also added fish cakes, some bean curd sheets, taro which I didn't try til the end lol, and tofu. I think it must be the cold weather that makes it more enjoyable as well :)

3 comments:

Velius said...

Hot Pot is definitely one of the best remedies for cold winter days and Neverwinter Nights.

Kungfucius said...

You should add pictures of the food you ate to give us the compete food blog experience!

Anonymous said...

good idea ... but I am so bad w/ pictures hehe, I will try tho!!