Monday, May 4, 2009

mariners vs. a's and dr. jekyll and mr. hyde

This weekend capped 2 days of baseball games - I was I admit a bit apprehensive about 2 games but I had fun @ both :)

Friday's night game was the 1st of the Mariners vs Athletics series @ home, and it was a real nailbiter down to the last minute. Bottom of the 9th, game tied, 2 balls, 2 strikes, 2 outs, bases loaded and Lopez is @ bat. He hits like 12 foul balls, and we watch them all go by, one after the other, until finally he hits it right down the center and we've won the game! :) Excitement ...



Saturday night was Turn Back the Clock Night - where they threw back to the 30s Rainiers - team. It was quite fun I think - they wore old jerseys and had games like back in the day hahaha. We had great seats!





Sunday afternoon, we went to watch Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde @ the ACT Theatre. We found out that if you buy tickets an hour before the show, it was 1/2 price which worked out really well for us oldies > 25 :) The play was pretty good I thought, and I didn't really remember the story so it was suspenseful enough. I generally don't like plays that much so I kinda had to pick one that I thought I might like so I'm glad it worked out ;) The theatre is "round" which was really 7-sided but the set was def interesting. I esp liked Dr. Jekyll's lab that rose up from the middle of the stage - very cool~

No comments: