Wednesday, August 12, 2009

halibut puttanesca

I took a couple different recipes for this and made up my own~ I had spaghetti puttanesca in Tunisia, think it's a Mediterranean dish, and really liked it. Although the one I had in Tunisia was REALLY spicy so I could barely finish it, I liked the taste of the sauce a lot. I also felt like fish tonight so hence the halibut. For 2 people....

  • 2 7-oz halibut filets
  • 1/2 cup chopped stuffed green olives (I used both green olives stuffed with red peppers and also with jalapenos)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup red wine - I used petit syrah
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce - I just used Organic Ragu
  • 1 to 2 tsp anchovy paste
  • 3 tbsp capers
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • a couple tsp of dried oregano
  • red pepper flakes (as much as you like)
  • bunch of chopped arugula
  • spaghetti
Basically combine everything except fish and arugula, and heat over medium heat until boiling a bit and then simmer. Should take a little more than 5 minutes. Season the halibut with salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat with the skillet covered - about 3-5 minutes on each side, until flakey. Add in the arugula when you add the halibut in too. Combine with spaghetti and grate some cheese over it. Also served with a small loaf of bread. Fast! :)

No comments: