Yesterday, LB took me to see Wicked which I won't spoil for anyone but was awesome :) I enjoyed it much more than I thought it would and it ranks among my top 5 musicals which is not bad cos I've seen 10+. Before that, we grabbed a light dinner @ Bambuza closeby and I wasn't very hungry so we just ordered the beef vermicelli and some chicken salad rolls which were pretty good. I got this bloody rooster drink that's their version of a bloody mary which I liked b/c it was basically a bloody mary with cilantro (which I love) except they made it way too spicy so I couldn't finish it all. After Wicked, we went to Quinn's for a late night bite and that was good as always. The mussels were huge and I liked the chicken liver and foie gras mousse but LB claims it tasted like raspberries with a chicken liver aftertaste ...
For lunch today, I wanted to finish the leftover stuffing I had so I filled 2 more peppers with it and just baked the rest of the stuffing along w/ the peppers. I didn't boil the peppers beforehand like last time and I actually think this was better. The peppers were less cooked and hence crispier but they also retained more of its flavor.
For dinner, we ended up @ Ruth's Chris for a very yummy steak dinner. They are offering a special right now - for $39.95, you can get choice of salad or soup, an entree from their list (I got 6oz filet + shrimp), a side dish (I got mushrooms), and a raspberry dessert. For a little more @ $49.95 you can get a different choice of entree, which includes the NY strip which LB got. It was all delicious and I could barely eat dessert. Good deal and the steak was perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment