Turkey and artichoke stuffed shellsThis had such good reviews, and I wanted to make dinner that would take a bit more time today since it's Sunday and I had more time - I halved it for 2 people. Still a tiny bit too much.
Arrabbiata sauce- 3 oz chopped pancetta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar of marinara sauce - about 3 cups
- red pepper flakes
Saute the pancetta in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes until crisper, then add in the garlic for another minute. Add marinara sauce and however much red pepper flakes you like. Cook until it's simmering then remove from heat and cool.
Stuffed Shells
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4-1/3 pound chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 package frozen artichokes, thawed and chopped
Cook the onion and garlic over medium-high heat in skillet until a little brown, abt 3 minutes. Then add turkey and season w/ salt and pepper until turkey is brown. Add artichokes and mix together well, then remove from heat then cool.
- 1/2 of 15 oz ricotta - I used skim
- 1/2 cup of grated parmigiano
- 1 egg beaten
- chopped basil
- chopped parsley
- more salt and pepper
Mix the meat mixture w/ the above well.
Cooked for about 5 minutes, still firm. Drain. Then stuff the shells w/ the mixture from above - overstuff them. Line a 2-qt baking dish w/ the sauce from above, then stuff each shell and put in. Then layer more sauce above.
Sprinkle top w/ the mozzarella and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. I think I didn't cook the shells enough in the beginning so that's one reason it took so long to bake. I also think I should have chopped the artichoke into smaller pieces to make it easier to stuff. With all this, I had enough left over for another meal too so I put that into another dish and froze.
No comments:
Post a Comment